Computer Access and Information
• Montgomery County Department of Public Libraries (240-777-1000)
All branches offer free public access to the Internet.
» Website on Internet and PC Use at Montgomery County Public Libraries
• Access to some fee-based online services is available to MCPS students for free from home or library with a password, thanks to license agreements. The list of what is available by grade will get you started; speak to your media specialist for further information.
• The Gaithersburg Regional Library, 18330 Montgomery Village Avenue, offers free beginners classes (no registration necessary) on Tuesdays at 7 p.m.; Thursdays 10 and 11 a.m.; Saturdays at 10 and 11 a.m.
• The Olney Library has a PC with WordPerfect ($1 for 2 hours). Personal diskettes are allowed.
• The Silver Spring Library has a PC with WordPerfect. Reservations must be made by calling 301-565-7689 a day in advance. ($1 for 2 hours; no outside diskettes permitted.)